An inflatable neck traction device is like a neck pillow that you put around your neck for sleep. The difference is that you use a hand pump that is like the one a nurse uses to take your blood pressure to inflate them. Most look like three neck pillows stacked on top of each other but there are some that have just one.
Best Neck Traction Device Reviews
Make sure before you use one of these inflatable neck traction devices that you see your physician or chiropractor to make sure that you get the correct one and know how to use it right to give you the relief that you desire.
Cervical Spine Neck Traction Device
This one relieves pain and discomfort for aching shoulder and neck muscles. It also helps with the pain that is caused by herniated discs, bad spinal posture, and trapped nerves. This one is great for those that sit hunched in front of a computer all day or work involves heavy lifting.
It fastens using Velcro fasteners. It has a three-tiered inflation system that withstands high pressure so there is no risk of bursting because of over-inflation. The dimensions of this device are10.6 x8 x 2 inches and only weighs eight ounces.
- Has Microfiber outer layers that are soft and easy to clean
- Has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee so you can buy with confidence
- Offers an improvement in your posture
- Lightweight and compact design that makes it great for travel
- One size fits all
- Inexpensive and affordable
Cons – There really are no cons with this product to be honest.
Inflatable Cervical Neck Traction Device
With this inflatable neck traction device you can receive neck pain therapy by using improved posture. It is a device that supports your neck and elevates your jawbone. By doing this it creates optimal spine alignment that can help to relieve the tension in your nerves.
It comes with complete step-by-step instructions to help make sure that you are getting the best use of this neck traction device. It helps to relieve head, shoulder, and neck pain, pinched nerves, cervical neck spasms, and compressed, herniated, or bulged discs. The inflated neck traction device is 10.5 x 9.5 x 8 inches.
- Helps with spine, shoulder, back pain relief and spasm relief
- Easy to use, no assembly required
- Portable so you can take it anywhere with you
- Can fit into your suitcase or even a large purse
- Lightweight and soft
- Adjustable so you can control the amount of air in the inflated neck traction pillow
- Adjustable Velcro strap to fit mot sizes
- Offers a 100% customer guarantee.
- Not intended to sleep in
- If lying down you do not get the same relief as sitting up
- Do not feel immediate relief
- Some found it only gave them approximately twenty-minutes of relief
Gideon Cervical Neck Traction Device
This inflatable neck traction device provides fast neck pain relief along with a faster recovery from neck injuries without needing surgery or medication. It helps to relieve neck pain for those that are suffering from neck strains, cervical muscle spasms, neck arthritis, or bugling/herniated disc in their neck.
It can help to oxygenate your nerves, muscles, and tendons and decreasing pain with an increase in circulation. It is suggested that for best results that you use it two to three times a day for thirty minutes each time. The dimensions of this inflated neck traction device are 10 x 0.1 x 0.1 inches and only weighs .4 ounces
- Increases blood circulation to the structures of your cervical spine
- Promotes relaxation
- Corrects neck posture to allow it to heal
- Comfortable and is made with soft flannel fabric
- Fully adjustable to almost any size
- Inflates slowly to provide and even and gentle stretching of your neck.
- Does not help with degenerative discs in your neck
MLVOC Inflatable New Pillow
The inflatable neck traction device has an inflatable PVC base that is covered with an internal cover before it is placed in a luxury plush velour outer cover. It is a very versatile device and is excellent for sleeping on a bus, train, airplane, or in the car.
When this is used while you are moving, such as in a car or train it can help prevent side-to-side swaying. The adjustable closure will fit most necks. It is one that is specially designed for those that travel. This inflatable neck traction device is 6.3 x 3.1 x 3.1 inches and only weighs 4.8 ounces.
- You can take off the outer cover so it can be machine washed
- Fast speed to inflate with taking only five seconds max to inflate it
- It is ergonomically designed
- Has extra cushioning on the sides so you can nod off without straining your neck.
- Has a rapid deflation button
- It is a complete travel pillow set and comes with a portable bag to carry it in plus earplugs and a sleeping mask to help give you an uninterrupted sleep.
- You can blow it up by mouth or by using the hand pump.
- It is a plastic air pillow with an outer cover
- Because it is plastic it does have a noticeable smell that may go away if it is set out for a day or so.
- Around a neck size of 18 inches or larger it can start to feel a little snug
- The mask provided is a little small and not very comfortable to wear
- The pillow could be a little bigger.
Cervical Collar, for Neck and Shoulder Pain Relief
With this inflatable neck traction device in order to get longtime relief from the pressure and stress of neck pain, head and shoulder pain, muscle pain, tension, and to help remove pressure from cervical discs you should use this for ten to twenty day two to three times a day.
When you use it place the inflatable neck traction pillow around your neck, adjust the circle to the right size, fasten the front nylon straps and it is ready to inflate. This product is 30 x 34.5 x 6 inches and weighs 8.8 ounces.
- It helps to correct and maintain correct neck posture
- Can help to prevent forward-and-down head position when using a laptop or cell phone
- Helps to stretch your stiff muscles around your shoulders and neck
- Will fit neck sizes 14 to 19 inches
- When inflating the neck traction device you do not know how many pounds of pressure that is being applied.
- Not the best looking color
- Seams can break and deflate, making the device useless
Which to Buy?
Out of these we certainly recommend this Cervical Spine Neck Traction Device or the Inflatable Cervical Neck Traction Device. Both are great value, work really well, are very comfortable and also have other great customer reviews too.
What is Neck Traction?
Neck traction, which is also referred to as cervical traction, is a medicine-free way to relieve your neck pain. It is used for those suffering from herniated bulging disc in their neck, cervical muscle spasms, neck arthritis, and neck strains. In times past in order to use neck traction you had to go to a physical therapist but today you can do neck traction at home using those inflatable neck traction devices. These neck traction devices will help to impede nerve function and proper blood circulation and relieve stressful tension. Neck traction can also ease muscle spasms, help with relief of pain, and decrease pressure on your nerves.
There are three types of neck traction, which include over the door neck traction, posture pumps, and inflatable air neck traction devices. The one that most people prefer today is the inflatable air neck traction device. It is a new home based treatment using lightweight devices that are much easier to travel with. They are also very effective for neck pain. Thanks to technological advances these are more comfortable, and safer. These inflated air neck traction devices that you can use at home is one of the most effective ways to restore correct posture and relieve you of neck pain.
What is an inflatable neck traction brace?
This type of neck traction is basically an inflated neck brace that you secure around your neck and then inflate them using a pump. As it fills with air it will straighten out and take the weight off your neck and push down the shoulders. Make sure that you gradually use the pump to inflate the neck traction. Just raise it to the level of air that will give you a comfortable stretch. Your discs will be aligned, your muscles relax, and you are ready to re-hydrate. In addition you are taking the pressures off your blood vessels and nerves. It comes with a control that you can use to choose from a range of settings, with each setting exerting a certain amount of pressure on your neck.
- Easy to use and requires no assembly
- Completely portable
- Can use them at home, at the office, and while traveling.
- You can use them while lying down or sitting up
- If made of quality material they can last for years of usage
- Not all of them are made of high quality materials
- Can leak air after a few months of use
- They can apply too much pressure on your TMJ because it inflates around your jaw
How do neck traction devices help?
It has been reported a neck traction device helps by easing your muscle spasms, helps you be more comfortable when sitting or lying down, and helps relieve pain and stress. It can also help to ease headaches, improve your mood, encourage sleep, and increase your range of motion. When using an inflatable neck traction device it will do all of these things if you are using it correctly. Make sure that you see your physician or chiropractor for advice on which one to choose and how to use it. There are many people who state that within minutes they find that these types of inflatable neck traction begin to ease the pain within a matter of minutes.
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API